The role of Electrical Quantity Surveyor will have you working across various contracts from tender stage through to final accounts and all commercial and contractual duties during project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Estimating a range of projects in a variety of sectors.
- On Site measurement of Electrical Services.
- Preparation of specialist sub-contract work packages.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations, and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms.
- Tracking of commercial progress and labour hours (spent vs earned) on site.
- Financial and contractual control of direct labour.
- Preparation & issue of Interim Progress Valuations.
- Preparing monthly Commercial Progress reports & Profit Plans for Project.
- Review and analysis of Tenders versus Construction documentation.
- Logging client change requests / variations.
- Supporting Tender submissions and reviewing Procurement prices for construction works.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- The Electrical Quantity Surveyor will be capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
Previous Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician, Plumber, Electrical/Mechanical Engineer is desirable.
- Proficient in excel.
- Knowledge of Estimating Software an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction.
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications.
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations.
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills.
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
Full Time Position.
Competitive salary depending on experience.
Position based in CJK head office.
Working Time 39 hours per week but this will vary on certain weeks dependant on tender deadlines.