Duties / Responsibilities of Electrician:
- Answer to Chargehand/Foreman for all aspects of their Electrical services work.
- Marking off and preparing for and wiring (whether temporary or permanent) of all Electrical and/or electronic appliances and apparatus fitting, fixing and erecting all controllers, switches, junction, section, distribution and other fuse boards and all electrical communications, bells, telephone, radio, telegraph, x-ray, computer, data cabling, instrumentation, fibre optics and kindred installations.
- Fitting and fixing of metallic and other conduits, raceways, perforated cable tray and casings for protection of cables, cutting away of walls, floors, and ceilings for same.
- Erection, care and maintenance of all Electrical plant, including generators, motors, oil burners, cranes, lifts, fans, refrigerators and hoists.
- Adjustment of all controls, rheostats, coils and all electrical contacts and connections.
- Wiring of chassis for all vehicles, erection of batteries and switchboards. Erection of crossarms, insulators, overhead cables (LT and HT).
- Fitting of stay wires, brackets, lightning surge arrestors, underground mains, etc.
- Completed all Phases 1-7 of SOLAS Apprenticeship – FETAC Level 6
- Successful in Senior Trades exams
- At least 2 years trades qualification working as an Electrician.
Desired competencies / role requirements:
- Adherence to Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) regulations, at all times
- Focus on Quality, including correct Workmanship and Materials
- Results Orientated
- Customer Service focused and attitude required
- Demonstrates Leadership
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player / Relationship Builder
Full time position.
Hourly rate, dependent on experience.
Position based on various projects.
Working time 39 hours per week.