- Implement and manage Lock Out-Tag Out (LOTO) and Control of Hazardous Energy (COHE) on projects where they are the AP (Appointed Person).
- Carry out Pre-Test Inspections (walk-down the field installation of each system term to term) on site and compile defect reports on compliance with national electrical regulations.
- Notify Project Manager and QC lead of any non-conformances or hazards on site.
- Carry out testing of Low Voltage (LV) installations as required by national governing bodies i.e., Safe Electric, issue report and snag list.
- Compilation of reports and issue ‘As Built’ Test Certificates.
- Verification of Redlined Drawings for the LV Installation that is being Tested.
- Update cable schedules, for changes made.
- Create Distribution Board / Panel Charts schedules for inclusion in O&M Manual.
- Complete Test Record Sheets as per International Standards i.e., IEC, EN, IS, etc.
- Manage and Implement Electrical Safe System of Work on site (if acting as AP role)
- Carry out periodic inspections and surveys of installations.
Electrical Testing Technician Responsibilities:
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Main and Sub-Main Distribution Boards and Transformer offloading cabling.
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Final Sub-Circuits (including functional checks).
- Carry out Earthing & Bonding Testing.
- Carry out testing of Control circuits.
- Set discrimination settings into protective devices (as provided by the Design Consultant).
- Assist close-out of project issues / investigations / queries.
- Ensure safety measures are being implemented with regard to meters and PPE being used i.e., Arc Flash protection, ATEX, incl. associated signage / labelling.
- Issues Final Safe Electric, ATEX and Commissioning Certification for project.
- Maintain LOTO (Lock-Out Tag-Out) measures on projects.
Previous Experience / Qualifications:
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred.
- Safe Electric QC Certifier and/or City & Guilds 2701 – Electrical Inspection and Testing (Ireland) trained and qualified.
- LOTO and COHE trained.
- Adhere to Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear switching protocols – ACB’s, MCCB’s etc.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements – incl. International Standards
- Ability to read detailed electrical drawings and cable schedules.
- Ability to fault find/diagnose issues on installations while testing.
- CompEx E01-06 qualified for ATEX environments (preferable).
- Authorised Person (AP) competent and trained (preferable).
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Data Centre experience / knowledge.